Registration and Use of 360 TurboVPN
“Personal User Information” is defined as any information concerning an individual that can independently, or together with other information, identify an individual, and any information of privacy. In order to provide our services described in the Software License and Service Agreement, we may collect the following "Personal User Information":
- Contact Information (including email address, and telephone number)
- Payment Information (including payment card account numbers or passwords，if required; credit card statements; or transaction histories)
- Transaction Information (including your purchase history and data relating to use of Services and Software provided by 360 TurboVPN and third-party payment platform)
- Correspondence (including any information you provided or were provided through 360 related communication channels, including technical support and customer service)
- Photograph (if you share a photograph with us)
We collect the following information in two ways:
- Information you give us. You may give us information in a variety of ways, including when you sign up to 360 TurboVPN, request technical support or customer service, or give us reviews or feedback. As an example, to use 360 TurboVPN, we require you to sign up and activate your account. When you do, we will ask you to provide valid e-mail address or mobile number. If you want to use the communication tools we offer, the foregoing information may be publicly visible, including your name and photograph.
- Information we get from your use of our Services and Software. Our objective is to collect, use, process and store Personal User Information as little as possible. Personal User Information will be collected or utilized only to the extent necessary to perform our services or if you have given us your consent beforehand. We may collect information about the Services and Software that you use and how you use them. This information may include, for instance, information about your device, statistics about your usage patterns, limited details about your Internet usage stored temporarily to provide our Services and Software.
- Device information. We may collect device-specific information, including your operating system version, system language, computer name and IMEI number.
- Log information.
We collect this data because we need to monitor the use of our network for technical purposes and to manage our services; to prevent and detect abuse of our network, such as spamming, file sharing or other illicit activity.
- a time stamp when you connect and disconnect to our VPN service;
- the amount of data transmitted during your session;
- the IP address used by you to connect to our VPN;
- the IP address of the individual VPN server used by you
- Upgrade information. Information relating to upgrades and updates to Software, including the time of the upgrade and the version of the upgrade.
- Unique Serial numbers. When you use certain services, they might have a unique 360 serial number. This serial number and certain information about your installation (for example, the type of operating system on your device) may be sent to 360 when you install or uninstall Software or when Software periodically contacts our servers, such as in a check for automatic updates.
- User Setting information. We may collect and store information (including Personal User Information), such as user settings, locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Error Log. Software will generate an error log and a DUMP file automatically when an unexpected error occurs or an application crashes. Software will upload the error log and the DUMP file to 360 Cloud Security Center as required to find out the reason that the error occurred or Software crashed and improve the quality of the product. If you agree, Software will upload the error log and the DUMP file to 360 Cloud Security Center; and if you do not agree, Software will not upload the log. The error log is a record of Software errors and/or crashes. DUMP files are generated by the operating systems (e.g. Windows, Android, and iOS) when a program crashes, and contain the program execution status of the crash, including the time of crash and system information. Such information does not contain Personal User Information.
USE OF PERSONAL USER INFORMATION
360 uses the Personal User Information it collects with a purpose to protect your security and privacy needs, including the following:
- Conduct research and analysis (for example, market and consumer research, security research and analysis, and trend analysis);
- Analyze users’ behavior when using 360's Services and Software to customize users’ preferences;
- Provide customer support, manage subscriptions and respond to requests, questions and comments;
- Communicate about, and administer participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers and promotions;
- Customize, measure, and improve our websites properties;
- Analyze and develop new products, services and websites;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, agreements and policies; and
- Perform other activities consistent with this policy.
OTHER WAYS THAT WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 360 Account: Depending on the version of Services and Software you have licensed, you may be required to have a current 360 Account ("360 Account") in order to access and use Software and Services. If you do not have a 360 Account, you may be prompted to complete the applicable registration process to create a 360 Account in order to use our Software and Services. We may use the information you provide in your profile relating to your 360 Account across all of the Services and Software we offer that require a 360 Account. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible profile information, such as your name and photo.
- User Experience Improvement Program: If you participate in the 360 User Experience Improvement Program, 360 will collect usage statistics of each Software as required, which generally includes the installation and usage frequency statistics of each participating user. Upon analysis of this data, 360 may improve the quality of Software and release helpful security services to users. The statistics are only taken in connection with 360's Software, and contain no Personal User Information.
- Feedback: When you contact 360 with any feedback or for customer service or technical support by email or in any other manner, we may keep a record of your correspondence with us to help solve any issues you might be facing. If you decide to sign up to receive updates or information about Software or Services, or to receive any of our marketing materials, we may use your email address to send you updates, newsletters or marketing materials, we may use your email address to send you updates, newsletters or marketing materials. You may unsubscribe to such communication at any time.
We work hard to protect 360 and our users from unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of, Personal User Information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt the information obtained through provision of many of our Services in accordance with SSL protocol.
- Before any information is uploaded to our 360 Cloud Security Center, we will encrypt this information using industry standard encryption methods, including MD5 and SHA1.
- We may review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems whenever we find it appropriate to do so.
- We restrict access to your Personal User Information only to 360 employees, contractors and agents required to provide our Software and Services. All 360 employees, contractors and agents are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not share Personal User Information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of 360 unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent. We will only share your Personal User Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of 360 when we have your specific consent to do so, except when we share your Personal User Information to affiliate businesses or to third-party servicers which provide administrative or other services to us in connection with the Services and Software we offer you.
- For legal reasons. To the extent required or permitted by the applicable law, we will share Personal User Information with companies, organizations or individuals that are not affiliated with 360 if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, including a subpoena, warrant or other process issued by a court of competent jurisdiction;
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service and/or End User License, including investigation of potential violations;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- As may be required for purposes of national security; or
- Prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity or exposure to legal liability, where 360 believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
Your California Privacy Rights - Shine the Light Law
We do not share your Personal User Information with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing use without your permission.
SERVICE PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES
TRANSPARENCY AND CHOICE IN COLLECTION PROCESS
We understand that our users have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what Personal User Information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices which would affect how your Personal User Information would be used by us. If you choose to not to participate in our use of your Personal User Information, you may close or choose not trigger certain functions of our Software or Services. However, we would like to explicitly point out that if you do so, you will not be able to fully use all of our Software or Services.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL USER INFORMATION
If at any time you would like to access or correct your information that we have on file, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org via email. When providing you with or updating your Personal User Information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
Where we can assist in providing or correcting your information, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our Services and Software in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our Services and Software or request deletion of our information, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
360 complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of the United States of America where it applies to our information protection activities. 360 does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.